VI INTERNATIONAL COUNTRY MUSIC CONTEST “MAYFLOWER”
25 – 26 November 2020
The organizer: Youth Palace in Nowy Sącz, Rynek 14, 33-300 Nowy Sącz, Poland
The Festival enjoys the patronage of Mr Ludomir Handzel President of Nowy Sącz.
- The song contest is open to amateur solo vocalists at the age 10 – 24 who have not recorded any albums yet. Entrants cannot be signed to any record company.
- A school, university or a youth center is allowed to submit two entrants of each category after a careful selection.
|children||10 – 13|
|young singers||14 – 16|
|intermediate||17 – 19|
|students||20 – 24|
The Festival is also open to groups (between 2 and 5 members) in two age categories:
- 13 – 16
- 17 – 24
- Each entrant /group must perform one American country song in English. The duration of the song must not be longer than 4 minutes.
- The competition auditions will be held on November 25, 2020.
- Entrants ought to fill in an entry form in English(to download click here). All entries are due by November 4, 2020. Mail entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org („Mayflower”).
- Entrants will be singing to background music they ought to bring with them (recorded either on a CD or a memory stick). They may use guitar or keyboard accompaniment.
- The Organizer will provide professional acoustic system and equipment reproducing sounds.
- The Jury will select the finalists and winners. The judging committee consists of high-profile music professionals. Songs are judged equally on melody, composition, originality, language (English) and lyrics. Entrants agree to accept the final decision of the judges.
- The finalists will be announced on November 26, during the prize-winner concert. First, second and third place winners will be asked to sing the song they have performed at the auditions.
- Failure to appear and perform the song at the prize-winner concert may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Entry constitutes permission to use entrant’s name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without any compensation.
- Entrants agree that should their songs be selected as a winner, the Organizer will have the right to include the songs on a compilation CD to be used for promotional purposes only. The CD will not be for sale.
- By entering the competition, entrants and/or their parents or legal guardians agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the Organizer and their judges which are final and binding in all matters.
- The winners will receive recognition via local media, awards and certificates signed by the Jury, President of Nowy Sącz, Director of Youth Palace.
- Entrants will pay travel-related costs if they choose to attend the festival. Food and accommodation will be provided by the Organizer.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the entry deadline.
Please send all questions regarding the contest to the Organizer at:
Pałac Młodzieży, Rynek 14, 33-300 Nowy Sącz, Poland.
Coordinator: Lucyna Urbańska, tel. + 48 784-534-547